Terms and conditions of usage
(including Social Media Policy - updated July 2017)
Agreement between user and the website www.inec.org.uk (“INEC”,
“website”, or “service”) owned and managed by FIGS Events Limited in
association with The Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and
The INEC website is offered to you
conditioned on your acceptance with the following terms and conditions
Limited’s relationship with you in relation to the service.
term “FIGS Events Limited” or “us” or “we” refers to the manager and
data processor of the website whose registered office is FIGS Events
Limited, Suite 19771, 20 - 22 Wenlock Road, London
N1 7GU, UK. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our
website. IMarEST are the sole data controllers.
Events Limited reserves the right to change the terms, conditions, and
notices under which the INEC website and service is offered.
Links to third party websites
INEC website may link to other websites (“Linked Sites”). The Linked
Sites are not under the control of us and we are not responsible for the
contents of any Linked Sites, including without limitation any link
contained in a Linked Site, or any changes or updates to a Linked Site.
No unlawful or prohibited use
condition of your use of the INEC website, you warrant to us that you
will not use the website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited
by these terms, conditions and notices. You may not use the website in
any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the
website or interfere with any other party’s use of website.
Copyright and Trademarks
copyright for all technical material including, but not limited to, the
Event programme copy, Event name and know acronym shall belong to
IMarEST absolutely; all rights to such content are hereby reserved by
IMarEST. The copyright and all other rights on this website for the
material, other than the technical material as detailed above, belong to
FIGS Events Limited or are included with the permission of the owner of
the rights. Unauthorised use is prohibited without written permission.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the
property of, or licensed to the operator, will be acknowledged on the
FIGS Events Limited, nor any third parties provide any warranty or
guarantee as to the accuracy, performance, or suitability of the
information and materials found or offered on the INEC website for any
particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials
may contain inaccuracies or errors. FIGS Events Limited, and the
website is excluded from liability for any such inaccuracies or errors
to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- IMarEST is not liable
whatsoever for any inaccuracies provided within the technical material.
Technical papers presented or published reflect the views of
individuals who prepared them and, unless indicated expressly in the
text, do not necessarily represent the views of IMarEST or the
associated organisations related to individual papers. Whilst every
effort has been made to ensure that the information in the technical
proceedings is accurate, IMarEST makes no representation or warranty,
expressed or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness or correctness of
such information. IMarEST accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any
loss, damage or other liability arising from any use of this
information which it contains.
- Your use of any information or
materials which you share on this website or our partner websites is
entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It is your
responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information made
available through this website or our partner websites meet your
- This website contains material which is
licensed or managed by FIGS Events Limited. This material includes, but
is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics.
Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright
notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
website may also include links to other websites. These links are
provided for your convenience to provide further information. We have no
control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy
policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
using this website, you agree not to harvest or otherwise collect
information about others, including email addresses, without their
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the Laws of England and Wales.
Linking by you to the INEC website
- You may link to the INEC home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or that of IMarEST or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to the INEC website in any website that is not owned by you.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in this policy.
Social Media Policy
If you are using social media networks and quoting #INEC (Twitter: INEC uses – Naval Engineering @Naval_IMarEST) or other profiles where they exist (LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+, YouTube), please adhere to the following rules. These rules are intended to assist users of the INEC website, FIGS Events and IMarEST staff, contracted individuals, clients, customers, partners and suppliers.
- Do not post, upload or forward a link quoting INEC to any abusive, obscene, discriminatory, harassing, derogatory or defamatory content online.
- Do not post, upload, forward or post a link to chain mail, junk mail or gossip.
- Never disclose commercially sensitive, anti-competitive, private or confidential information about INEC.
- If you notice any content posted on social media about INEC (if abusive or offensive), please report it immediately to email@example.com
- Personal blogs and social media content should have clear disclaimers that the views expressed by the authors are the author's alone and do not necessarily represent the views of FIGS Events, the INEC event organisers.
- Do not reference or disclose information about colleagues, event delegates, organisations, sponsors, partners or customers of the INEC conference and FIGS Events including photos without their express consent.
- Please respect laws governing intellectual property rights including copyright and reference or cite sources appropriately. Company logos and trademarks may not be used without written consent.
Events Limited and IMarEST respects the privacy of every individual who
visits the INEC website. The website operates in accordance with the
Data Protection Act 1998 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Please see the full privacy statement.